My top ten favourite songs from David Bowie’s short-lived Tin Machine project.
“Tin Machine were an English-American hard rock band formed in 1988, famous for being fronted by English singer-songwriter David Bowie. The band consisted of Bowie on lead vocals and guitar, Reeves Gabrels on guitar, Tony Sales on bass, and Hunt Sales on drums. Guitarist Kevin Armstrong was an unofficial fifth member of the band, playing on both the first studio album and first tour.” – Wikipedia
My top ten tunes from Emerson, Lake & Palmer
“Do you want some more music?”
- Still … You Turn Me On
- Karn Evil 9 (1st, 2nd & 3rd Impressions)
- Nutrocker (live March 1971)
- The Sage (live March 1971)
- Battlefield (live 1973, including Epitaph)
- Tarkus: a.Eruption b.Stones Of Years c.Iconoclast d.Mass e.Manticore f.Battlefield g.Aquatarkus
- From The Beginning
- The Old Castle / Blues Variation (live at the Lyceum December 1970, from Pictures At An Exhibition film)
Disclaimer: I have decided to limit myself to only ten tunes, so of course some of my other favourites have had to be omitted.
The mix below, created in December 2016, is part of my “Old, New, Borrowed & Blues” series which features some old tunes and live versions, a few more recent songs, out-takes and remixes, a handful of cover versions and a blues-ey track.