A Pink Floyd mix inspired by the September 2018 tour set list of “Nick Mason’s Saucerful Of Secrets” band.
Nick Mason, the drummer for Pink Floyd, formed his new band in 2018 to play pre-“Dark Side Of The Moon” psychedelic rock including many tunes from “The Syd Barrett Years”. They toured Europe in September 2018 and will be touring again in April & May 2019.
1. Interstellar Overdrive (live 1969)
2. Astronomy Domine (BBC TV)
3. Lucifer Sam
5. Obscured By Clouds
6. When You’re In
7. Arnold Layne
8. Vegetable Man
10. Atom Heart Mother (band version) excerpts
11. The Nile Song
12. Green Is The Colour (BBC)
13. Let There Be More Light
14. Set The Controls For The Heart Of The Sun (BBC TV)
15. See Emily Play
17. One Of These Days (from Pompeii)
18. A Saucerful Of Secrets (from Pompeii)
19. Point Me At The Sky (BBC)
20. Paint Box (single version)
21. Up The Khyber
22. Pow R Toc H (BBC)
23. Explosion (from Zabriskie Point) Careful With That Axe Eugene
24. Nick’s Boogie
Growing up in the 70’s in South Africa, I listened to the radio all the time (we only got TV in about 1976!) .
This mix, compiled mostly from old vinyl singles, features some of the songs I heard on the radio between 1973 and 1978. Most of them are obscure, and didn’t chart, but I remember them all with great fondness.
This is part of series called “First Five” which features tracks from an artist’s first five albums. I usually exclude the big hits and /or popular songs, but not always. Also I prefer not to include live albums or compilations, but sometimes I do.
Rick Wakeman albums featured in this mix:
The Six Wives of Henry VIII 
Journey to the Centre of the Earth 
The Myths and Legends of King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table 
Lizstomania  soundtrack
No Earthly Connection 
Disclaimer: Piano Vibrations, an album of cover versions, released in 1971, is not considered a Wakeman album, even by himself, so I have not included it here.