From Martin Myers
I Dreamed A Dream: The Susan Boyle Story’ was aired on MNET last night and will be re -broadcast tonight at 5pm
The Susan Boyle the story so far::
· ‘I Dreamed A Dream’ has sold over 7.1M WORLDWIDE!!
· Fastest Selling Debut Album Globally!!
· Most pre-ordered album in Amazon’s history globally!
· Hit #1 on the Billboard European Albums chart!
· In the UK Susan Boyle’s debut album was confirmed as the fastest selling UK debut album of all time beating the previous fastest selling debut of all time, Arctic Monkeys, in its first three days. It’s also the highest one week sale for a female act in chart history!
· In the US – ‘I Dreamed A Dream’ achieved the highest first week sales of 2009, the largest ever debut for a female artist on the Billboard 200 in the Soundscan era AND the biggest selling album released in 2009. In addition, ‘I Dreamed A Dream’ was the first album released in 2009 to hold the #1 spot consecutively for three weeks and has garnered the highest album sales for a debut artist during that time period!
· In South Africa – ‘I Dreamed A Dream’ was the biggest selling International Artist album over the Xmas period and is fast heading toward Double Platinum sales status
· An enormous peak audience of 11.2 million in the UK watched Susan Boyle’s television special ‘I Dreamed A Dream: The Susan Boyle Story’ which charted her journey from obscurity to International superstar.
· In the US – ‘I Dreamed A Dream: The Susan Boyle Story’ became the #1 RATED TELEVISION SPECIAL IN TV GUIDE NETWORK’S HISTORY